Thus, Iraq Reconstruction Management Office(IRMO) was established in 2010 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of all 19 governorates in Iraq (محافظة) also known as "provinces" into a provinces that are economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and free of insurgency
"The Joint Contracting Command-Iraq/Afghanistan (JCC-I/A) has established a cohesive "Joint Contracting Team" to support the Combined Joint Operational Area (CJOA) Iraq and CJOA Afghanistan.* The JCC-I/A mission is to "provide responsive operational contracting support to the Chiefs of Mission (Iraq and Afghanistan), Multi-National Force-Iraq (MNF-I) and Combined Forces Command-Afghanistan (CFC-A) to efficiently acquire vital supplies, services and construction in support of the Coalition Forces and the relief and reconstruction of Iraq and Afghanistan."
Though finally achieving the goal of centrally coordinating all contracting within the area of operations". With the withdrawal of Allied Forces in year 2010, the new government in Iraq continued with their programme but changed the name to Iraq Reconstruction Management Office(IRMO).
Thus, Iraq Reconstruction Management Office(IRMO) was established in 2010 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of all 19 governorates in Iraq (محافظة) also known as "provinces" into a provinces that are economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and free of insurgency.
Iraq Reconstruction Management Office(IRMO) is the focal organization charged with the responsibility to assess, coordinate, harmonies and report on all intervention programs, and initiatives by the Iraqi Government or any of its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Governorates; and other Development Partners and for the implementation of all programs and initiatives throughout the Iraqi region.
The Iraq Reconstruction Management Office(IRMO) mandate
Formulation of policies and guidelines for the development of the 19 governorates in Iraq (محافظة) .
- Conception, planning and implementation, in accordance with set rules and regulations, of projects and programs for sustainable development of the 19 governorates in Iraq (محافظة ) in the field of transportation including roads, jetties and waterways, health, employment/human capital development, industrialization, agriculture and fisheries, housing and urban development, water supply, electricity and telecommunications.
- Surveying the provinces in order to ascertain measures necessary to promote its physical and socio-economic development.
- Preparing master plans and schemes designed to promote the physical development of the Provinces region and the estimation of the member states of the Commission.
- Implementation of all the measures approved for the development of the Provinces region by the Federal Government and the states of the Commission.
- Identify factors inhibiting the development of the Provinces region and assisting the member governorates in the formulation and implementation of policies to ensure sound and efficient management of the resources of the Provinces region.
- Assessing and reporting on any project being funded or carried out in the region by oil and gas companies and any other company, including non-governmental organizations, as well as ensuring that funds released for such projects are properly utilized.
- Tackling ecological and environmental problems that arise from the exploration of oil mineral in the Provinces region and advising Iraqi Government and the member governorates on the prevention and control of oil spillages, gas flaring and environmental pollution.
- Liaising with the various oil mineral and gas prospecting and producing companies on all matters of pollution, prevention and control.
- Executing such other works and performing such other functions, which in the option of the Commission are required for the sustainable development of the Provinces region and its people.